There is increasing demand for multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) communication technology for mobile devices due to the need for higher channel capacity. In a MIMO system, low mutual coupling and high isolation between antennas are important for obtaining antenna diversity and high radiation efficiency. Many designs exist to improve the isolation between neighboring antenna elements. However, in this work, we used slot removal in the ground plane presented to improve isolation and frequency matching, while slanted antenna elements provided pattern diversity. So combining these techniques might lead to further improvement in isolation and capacity.
- Miniaturization capability due to its permeability and permittivity
- Slanted antenna elements provide pattern diversity
- Slot removal in the ground plane to improve isolation and frequency matching
- Mobile wireless router
- Available for license/purchase and patent-pending
- Potential for ongoing collaboration with Dr. Hyuck Kwon and other Wichita State University researchers